Butter chicken is broadly regarded as one of the most well-liked local dishes from India. The gravy for butter chicken varies between chefs, where it can be made as hot or mild to suit your taste palate. The colourful variety of spices added to this dish is best accompanied by jasmine rice or oven-baked flat-bread naan. Here, I will be sharing this excellent and mildly spiced Best Butter Chicken in Panchkula recipe which can be easily cooked in 5 simple steps.
- 500 grams of boneless chicken, cut into 1-inch cubes
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt and red chili powder, to taste
- 1 cup of yogurt
- 2 tsp of ginger
- 2 tsp of garlic
- 1 1/2 tbs of tandoori masala
- 1 tbs of butter
- 2 cardamoms
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cloves
- 1 medium ripe tomatoes, blended
- 1 tbs of tomato paste
- 1 tsp of garam masala
- 1 tbs of honey
- 1 tbs of dried fenugreek leaves
- 250 ml thick cream
- extra butter or coriander to decorate
- Preserve the chicken cubes in lemon juice, salt, chilli powder, yogurt, ginger, garlic and tandoori powder for at least half an hour. Preserving it overnight will be the best.
- Preheat the oven to the highest grill setting. Place the chicken on a baking tray closest to the grill and grill for at least 10 minutes on each side or until cooked. Let the chicken cook till it just starts to char.
- To prepare the gravy, heat and melt the butter. Add to it the cardamoms, cinnamon sticks and cloves.
- Stir fry for a minute previous to adding tomatoes and tomato paste, Let this cook on low to medium heat, half-covered, for about 15-20 minutes. You will see the gravy thicken and the oil will form a film on top. If the gravy is too chunky, you can insert a small amount of water.
- Add the rest of the ingredients as well as the grilled chicken and cook for another 15 minutes. adorn with butter or coriander.
I do expect this simple recipe has been helpful and your taste buds have been fulfilled like how this dish did for me. Feel free to go after other recipes and articles to learn more on food from diverse cultures and countries.